About the Earth Science Museum
The Earth Science Museum is an exhibition facility operated by JAMSTEC for the purpose of making the research and observations of the Agency available to the public.
The Exhibition Hall at the Earth Science Museum displays visual resources that deal with the oceans, the Earth, and the environment, and the library allows visitors to refer books and documents, and view and listen to visual and other resources. The Museum's facilities are open to the public, and about one hour is required to fully enjoy them.
- Opening hours
- 10:00 - 17:00
* The 1st floor refreshments lounge is open from 11:00 to 15:00.
* About one hour is required to view the exhibits on the 1st floor.
Please accompany children with their guardian to keep safety.
- Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, year-end and the New Year period.
Library will be opened from noon to 4 pm when public session will be carried out on Yokohama campus.
- To all visitors
- Individual visitors to the Earth Science Museum are welcome at any time during opening hours.
- Bookings are required for group visits (groups of 10 or more).