|Available Position & Research Topics||Available Positions: BioGeos will be recruiting positions as Engineer.
We invite applicants to an Engineer position to engage in research and development of the program.
|Job Description||Institute of Biogeosciences, We are seeking for employees engaged in research development as follows;
For details of each programs, please visit our institute's website at
[Exploration of useful functions from microorganism in deep-sea and deep-sea floor environments] Genomic analysis of microorganisms Exploration of useful enzymes (bioinformatics, protein engineering)
[Biogeochemical research in deep-sea environments] Maintenance of laboratory and analytical instruments (Isotope-ratio mass spectrometry, gas chromatography, high-performance liquid chromatography, etc.), and participation of research cruise
Engineer: For the contribution to the Agency, Engineers are expected to operate management, functional improvement and technical advancement of information etc. for the infrastructure system, also building technology from a background of general technical ability, and maintaining and improvement of technical management functions.
*There may be change in affiliation in case of reorganization in the Agency.
|Requirements||Applicants must have a B.A. in closely related field, or equivalent with extensive experience acceptable.
*Relevant research fields: Applied Microbiology, Applied genomics, Genetic engineering, Protein engineering, Biogeochemistry, Chemical oceanography
*Any nationality, any gender, and any age could be applied.
*JAMSTEC has the principle of equality of men and women as it relates to the recruitment of all staff.
|Work Place||JAMSTEC Yokosuka Headquarters,
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka-city, Kanagawa 237-0061 JAPAN
|Contract Period||Engineer : Period of employment is from April 1st, 2013 to March 31, 2016 (maximum three fiscal years) and the contract can be renewed once (The total contract term is maximum six fiscal years).|
|Salary||Salary will be competitive in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws, by considering academic career, research ability and research role in BioGeos (annual salary system). Appointment level for positions will be determined by JAMSTEC after the interview based upon the discussion with the successful candidates.
e.g. Annual salary
*No bonus/retirement allowance provided.
|Terms of Employment||1) On appointment, relocation fee will be provided in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws.
2) The participant and JAMSTEC will share the premiums for insurance and labor insurance according to the current statutory proportion.
3) Housing lease service available.
4) Allowance for commuting expenses will be provided.
5) Holidays and vacations: Saturday, Sunday, public holidays, year-end and beginning of the year are holidays. There are annual vacations with pay, special vacations, and leave of absence for care and maternity leave.
6) Other: There are various kinds of subsidies available for personal interests/welfare provided by JAMSTEC's employees' cooperative.
|Application Procedure||(1)Required documents:
One copy of a resume. (a valid email address is essential, also include your professional experiences)
Required documents must be sent by POST and should reach JAMSTEC before/on the closing date. Electronic format will NOT be accepted.
*Please write "PERSONNEL, BioGeos Engineer position" (in red) on the front of the envelope. Registered mail is recommended for confirming the receipt of your application (no acknowledgement will be provided).
(3) Interview and Appointment
Candidates will be selected based on submitted application material, followed by an interview currently scheduled in late October, or early November of 2012.
The successful candidates are expected to join us from April 1st, 2013.
*The transportation fee is payable to candidates from abroad, but only under specific situations.
|Closing Date||Oct. 9th, 2012 (The application documents must arrive at JAMSTEC by this date)
*If the total number of application is lower than expected, the closing date may be extended.
|Contact (application documents must send to this address)||Noriko Honda
Human Resources, Research Support Dept., JAMSTEC
2-15 Natsushima-Cho, Yokosuka-city, Kanagawa
TEL: 81-46-867-9421 FAX: 81-46-867-9372
|Notes||1) Interviews will be conducted in Japanese or English.
2) Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant. The personal information we get through this recruitment is to be used only for our screening and our procedures accompanying. We deal with it safely and properly based on the personal information protection law and JAMSTEC regulations. After our screening and procedures, we will store the information of successful candidates as a personnel data, for other candidates, shred all the application documents.
3) Successful candidates should submit his/her health certificate upon appointment.
4) Withdrawal of application must be made by written notice.
5) Above conditions may be changed depending on the situation within the Agency.
6) Related information is available on the following web page (http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/)