|Available Position & Research Topics||We, Subsurface Geobiology Advanced Research (SUGAR) Project in , are seeking for a technical support staff who will mainly work for one of our research topics, 'Strip the Uncultivated Microorganisms Project (SUM Project)'. It is all about understanding the functions, metabolisms and ecological roles of the cultivation-resistant, free-living and symbiotic microorganisms. This will help us clarify 'The Dark Ecosystems' in the deep-sea and deep surface environments.
If you are interested in research topics and objectives in our project, please go to our web pages (http://www.jamstec.go.jp/biogeos/e/xbr/sugar/).
|Job Description||Final goal is to cultivate microbial components of great importance in the environments, habitats, biogeochemistry, physiology and genetic transfer. For this purposes, any kinds of devices, expertise and techniques will be welcome. In addition, we like to know in situ functions of the microbial components. Thus, cultivation and characterization under the simulated, in situ physical and chemical conditions will be conducted.|
|Requirements||Applicant is required to hold a Master degree in closely related field or equivalent with extensive experience acceptable.
Applicant are expected to meet the requirements as follows.
Experience of cultivation, isolation and characterization of microorganisms from natural environments.
We need the person the best who is able to cultivate hydrogentrophic methanogens but also welcome the person who is able to cultivate chemolithoautotrophs and methanotrophs.
|Work Place||JAMSTEC Yokosuka Headquarters,
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka-city, Kanagawa 237-0061 JAPAN
|Contract Period||1)Employment period is as follows;
April 1st, 2013 -March 31st, 2016.
After the contract period above is expired, judging from the performance evaluation and work progress, the maximum contract term may extend until maximum period of Mar. 31st, 2019
(Total of six fiscal years).
2)Working hours: 9:00~17:30 (lunch hour 12:15~13:00)
|Salary||Annual salary : 4,000,000JPY ~ 5,000,000JPY
* No bonus/retirement allowance provided.
*Salary will be competitive in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws, by considering academic career, research ability and research role in BioGeos (annual salary system). Appointment level for positions will be determined by JAMSTEC after the interview based upon the discussion with the successful candidates.
|Terms of Employment||1) Commuting fee will be provided in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws.
2) The participant and JAMSTEC will share the premiums for insurance and labor insurance according to the current statutory proportion.
3) Housing lease service is not available.
4) Holidays and vacations: Saturday, Sunday, public holidays, year-end and beginning of the year are holidays. There are annual vacations with pay, special vacations, and leave of absence for care and maternity leave.
5) Other: There are various kinds of subsidies available for personal interests/welfare provided by JAMSTEC's employees' cooperative.
|Application Procedure||1) Required documents
a) One copy of a resume. (contactable email address is essential)
b) List of Employment History, including details of duties.
Required documents must be sent by postal service and reach to JAMSTEC not later than the closing date. Electronic format will NOT be accepted.
*Please write "PERSONNEL, (SUGAR) Project, BioGeos, Research Support Staff" (in red) on the front of the envelope. Registered mail is recommended for confirming the receipt of your application (no acknowledgement will be provided).
(3) Interview and Appointment
Candidates will be selected based on submitted application material, followed by an interview currently scheduled in late October, or early November 2012.
The successful candidates are expected to join us from April 1st, 2013.
|Closing Date||October 18th, 2012 (The application documents must arrive at JAMSTEC by this date)
*If the total number of application is lower than expected, the closing date may be extended.
|Contact (application documents must send to this address)||Noriko Honda
Human Resources, Research Support Dept., JAMSTEC
2-15 Natsushima-Cho, Yokosuka-city, Kanagawa
TEL: 81-46-867-9421 FAX: 81-46-867-9372
|Notes||1) Interviews will be conducted in Japanese or English.
2) Submitted documents will not be returned to applicant.
3) Submitted documents will be managed strictly and safely.
The personal information we receive through this recruitment will be used only for recruitment or screening or appointment procedures, and will not be used for other purposes.
4) Successful candidates should submit his/her health certificate upon appointment.
5) Withdrawal of application must be made by written notice.
6) Above conditions may be changed depending on the situation within the agency.
7) Related information is available on the following web page;