|Available Position & Research Topics||Available Positions: IFREE will be recruiting total of 2 positions as an Engineer.
We invite applicants to an Engineer position to engage in research and development of the program.
1)Plate Dynamics Research Program : Maintenance and construction of a data processing system including hardware and software for marine geophysical data.
2)Geochemical Evolution Research Program : Maintenance and construction of geochemical tools and data in Geochemical Evolution Research Program.
|Job Description||IFREE is studying the dynamics of the Solid Earth. We are seeking for an employee engaged in research development as follows;
For details of each programs, please visit our insitute's website at
Engineer:For the contribution to the Agency, Engineers are expected to operate management, functional improvement and technical advancement of information etc. for the infrastructure system, also building technology from a background of general technical ability, and maintaining and improvement of technical management functions.
*There may be change in affiliation in case of reorganization in the Agency.
|Requirements||Applicants must have a B.A. in closely related field, or equivalent with extensive experience acceptable.
*Any nationality, any gender, and any age could be applied.
*JAMSTEC has the principle of equality of men and women as it relates to the recruitment of all staff.
|Work Place||JAMSTEC Yokosuka Headquarters,
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka-city, Kanagawa 237-0061 JAPAN
JAMSTEC Yokohama Institute for Earth Sciences (YES)
3173-25 Showa-machi, Kanazawa-ku Yokohama,
Kanagawa, 236-0001, JAPAN
|Working Conditions && Contract Period||
9:00-17:30 (lunch hours 12:15-13:00)
Period of employment is from April 1st, 2013 to March 31st, 2016 (maximum three fiscal years) and the contract may be renewed once (the total contract term is maximum six fiscal years).
|Salary||Salary will be competitive in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws, by considering academic career, research ability and research role in IFREE (annual salary system). Appointment level for positions will be determined by JAMSTEC after the interview based upon the discussion with the successful candidates.
e.g. Annual salary
|Terms of Employment||1) On appointment, relocation fee will be provided in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws.
2) The participant and JAMSTEC will share the premiums for insurance and labor insurance according to the current statutory proportion.
3) Housing lease service available.
4) Allowance for commuting expenses will be provided.
5) No bonus/retirement allowance provided.
6) Holidays and vacations: Saturday, Sunday, public holidays, year-end and beginning of the year are holidays. There are annual vacations with pay, special vacations, and leave of absence for care and maternity leave.
7) Other: There are various kinds of subsidies available for personal interests/welfare provided by JAMSTEC's employees' cooperative.
(1) Required documents
One copy of a resume. (a valid email address is essential. Also include professional experiences in the resume.)
Required documents must be sent by POST and should reach JAMSTEC before/on the closing date.
Electronic format will NOT be accepted.
*Please write "PERSONNEL, IFREE Engineer" (in red) on the front of the envelope. Registered mail is recommended for confirming the receipt of your application (no acknowledgement will be provided).
(3) Interview and Appointment
Candidates will be selected based on submitted application material, followed by an interview currently scheduled in December of 2012.
The successful candidates are expected to join us from April 1st, 2013.
*The transportation fee is payable to candidate from abroad, but only under specific situations.
Nov. 20th, 2012 (The application documents must arrive at JAMSTEC by this date)
*If the total number of application is lower than expected, the closing date may be extended.
|Contact (application documents must send to this address)||Hanako Ihara
Human Resources, Research Support Dept., JAMSTEC
2-15 Natsushima-Cho, Yokosuka-city, Kanagawa
TEL: 81-46-867-9415 FAX: 81-46-867-9372
1) Interviews will be conducted in Japanese or English.
2) Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant. The personal information we get through this recruitment is to be used only for our screening and our procedures accompanying. We deal with it safely and properly based on the personal information protection law and JAMSTEC regulations. After our screening and procedures, we will store the information of successful candidates as a personnel data, for other candidates, shred all the application documents.
3) Successful candidates should submit his/her health certificate upon appointment.
4) Withdrawal of application must be made by written notice.
5?Above conditions may be changed depending on the situation within the Agency.
6) Related information is available on the following web page