|Available Position & Research Topics||Available Position: Technical Support Staff Research Topics: This program conducts research on the dynamics of the solid earth evolution for various spatiotemporal scale. In this research, three-dimensional visualization of observational and simulated data is becoming more and more important. We are seeking a qualified person for developing such a system as described below.|
|Job Description||1) Designing and development of the three-dimensional visualization system for the solid earth data observationally retrieved and numerically simulated by IFREE/JAMSTEC.
2) Designing and development of the web-based visualization platform.
1) Ph.D. degree in closely related field or equivalent with extensive experience acceptable.
2) Must have more than 5 years experience in three-dimensional visualization of the solid-earth data.
*Applicants could apply to our position regardless of age or sex or nationality.
*JAMSTEC has the principle of gender equality scheme as it relates to the recruitment of all staff.
|Work Place||JAMSTEC Yokohama Institute for Earth Sciences
3173-25 Showa-machi, Kanazawa-ku Yokohama,
Kanagawa, 236-0001, JAPAN
1)Employment period is as follows;
Apr. 1st, 2013 -Mar.31st, 2016.
After the contract period above is expired, judging from the performance evaluation and work progress, the maximum contract term may extend until maximum period of Mar. 31st, 2019 (Total of six fiscal years).
2)Working hours: 9:00~17:30 (lunch hour 12:15~13:00)
|Salary||1)Salary will be competitive in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws, taking academic career, research ability and research role in IFREE into consideration (annual salary system). Appointment level for positions will be determined by JAMSTEC after the interview based upon the discussion with the successful candidates.
e.g. JPY 5,000,000~6,000,000/year2)No bonus/retirement allowance provided.
|Terms of Employment||1) Commuting fee will be provided in accordance with JAMSTEC's bylaws.
2) The participant and JAMSTEC will share the premiums for insurance and labor insurance according to the current statutory proportion.
3) Housing lease service is not available.
4) Holidays and vacations: Saturday, Sunday, public holidays, year-end and beginning of the year are holidays. There are annual vacations with pay, special vacations, and leave of absence for care and maternity leave.
5) Other: There are various kinds of subsidies available for personal interests/welfare provided by JAMSTEC's employees' cooperative.
1) Required documents
One copy of the resume. (Applying position, contactable e-mail address is essential. Also, include work experience.)
Required documents must be sent by POST and reach JAMSTEC before/on the closing date. Electronic format will NOT be accepted.
Research Support Dept., JAMSTEC
2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, 237-0061 Japan
*Please write "IFREE Nonlinear DymamicsT, TSS position" (in red) on the front of the envelope.
Registered mail is recommended for confirming the receipt of your application (no acknowledgement will be provided).
*Candidates will be selected based on submitted application material, followed by an interview currently scheduled at Dec., 2012.
The successful candidates are expected to join us from Apr. 1st, 2013 or as early as possile, but the appointment date is negotiable.
|Closing date||20th, Nov., 2012 (The application documents must arrive at JAMSTEC by this date)|
|Contact (application documents must send to this address)||Hanako Ihara
Human Resources, Research Support Dept., JAMSTEC
2-15 Natsushima-Cho, Yokosuka-city, Kanagawa
TEL: 81-46-867-9415 FAX: 81-46-867-9372
1) Interviews will be conducted in Japanese or English.
2) Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
3) Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant. The personal information we receive through this recruitment is used only for our screening and our procedures accompanying. We deal with it safely and properly based on the personal information protection law.
4) Successful candidates should submit health certificate upon appointment.
5) Withdrawal of application must be made by written notice.
6)Above conditions may be changed depending on the situation within the Agency.
7) Related information is available on the following web page