Public lecture is held in the afternoon on October 24, at the main hall of Hitotsubashi Hall, Tokyo, Japan (http://www.hit-u.ac.jp/hall/accessen.html).
- Opening remarks
- Dr. Toshio Suga (JAMSTEC / Tohoku Univ.)
What's Argo? Introduction of the intl. Argo programmeand Japan's contribution
- Dr. Kenneth S.Johnson (Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, USA)
Observing ocean health with Biogeochemical-Argo
- Dr. Gregory C.Johnson (NOAA / Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory)
Ocean warming: Observing Earth's energy imbalance with Argo
- Question and answer
- Closing remarks
- Language: English and Japanese (English-Japanese simultaneous interpretation will be available).
- Admission free
- Pre-registration not required