- Event Information
- JAMSTEC holds a variety of events, including public seminars and open exhibitions of research vessels, with the aim of providing as many people as possible with a deeper understanding of the earth and its oceans.
- Facility Tours
In an effort to familiarize people with its research activities, JAMSTEC offers tours of each of its facilities at Yokosuka, Yokohama, and Okinawa. Please feel free to contact the Agency for more information.
- Exhibition Facilities
JAMSTEC maintains exhibition halls at each of its facilities at Yokosuka, Yokohama, and Okinawa, and on Hatsushima Island in order to provide introductions to the Agency's research activities.
Please feel free to visit.
* Bookings are required for the Marine Technology and Engineering Center (Yokosuka Headquarters).
- The library situated on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Earth Science Museum (Yokohama Research Site) is open to the general public.
The 2nd floor contains general books and magazines as well as audio-visual resources, and the 3rd floor houses specialized books, documents, and academic journals.
- Facility Open Days
- JAMSTEC conducts annual facility open days for each of its facilities at Yokosuka, Yokohama,
Aomori, and Kochi.
- Public Seminars
- Public seminars are conducted once a month at the Earth Science Museum (Yokosuka Research Site) allowing researchers and technical personnel to relate topics regarding the latest research and development in the field of earth science.
Publications that introduce the achievements realized through JAMSTEC's research and development efforts.
- Practical Learning
- JAMSTEC conducts events aimed at providing students and teachers with opportunities to learn about earth science.
The Agency also conducts work experience sessions and other activities aimed at junior and senior high-school students.
- Temporary Placement of Lecturers
- With the aim of enhancing the understanding of marine science and technology, JAMSTEC dispatches researchers on temporary placements to act as lecturers.