1. Definition of the JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development
The JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development is published to broadly present research and technology development at the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, with the aim to cite results obtained using the Agency’s survey equipment, research facilities, etc.
2. Eligibility for Submission
- Those who have been involved in research or technology development at the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, and those who have conducted a survey or research activity using the Agency’s survey equipment, research facilities, etc., are all eligible. When you apply, you should observe the following point.
- If you deal with an unpublished sample or material, make sure to obtain approval in accordance with the guidelines for use of the ship, etc., belonging to the Agency that you used.
3. Types of submitted manuscripts
Submitted manuscripts should be either an original paper, report, or review. In principle this is limited to unpublished manuscripts.
- Original papers: Papers that present research or technology development at the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology or results obtained by using the Agency’s survey equipment, research facilities, etc., and which contain independent valuable conclusions or facts.
- Reports: Reports on technical tests, cruise results, etc.
- Reviews: Papers that summarize recent progress in research fields of marine-earth science and technology, including a simple historical background, and if possible, indicating the future directions of research.
4. About Submission
For how to submit manuscripts, follow the Rules for Writing and Submission.
5. Acceptance or Rejection of Submissions
- The language of manuscripts should be English or Japanese. Send your manuscript as an electronic PDF file to the JAMSTEC Report of Research and DevelopmentEditorial Committee Secretariat at JAMSTEC-R@jamstec.go.jp. Date of receipt is the day it arrives at the Editorial Committee.
- A decision on acceptance or rejection of a manuscript is the responsibility of the Editorial Committee, based on referee opinions of the Editorial Committee members and of individuals recommended by the Editorial Committee.
- If your manuscript is returned by the Editorial Committee for correction, submit a corrected manuscript or inform the Editorial Committee of withdrawal of the manuscript within a month. If you fail to do so by the specified date, your submission may be treated as a resubmission.
- Copyright of manuscripts published in this Report belongs to the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology.
- Protect the copyrights of others. Particularly when a figure or illustration is used, the authors themselves should obtain permission before submission.
- The published manuscript is in principle posted in electronic form on JAMSTEC Repository and J-STAGE.
- Subject to restrictions below, author can post his/her published manuscript
(1) on his/her own or departmental website including Institutional Repository,
(2) using the PDF file posted on 7.1,
(3) with publisher copyright and source.
8. Revision and Revelation
- Revision or revelation of this code is by resolution of the Editorial Committee.
This code shall come into force on June 4, 2008.
Revision of this code shall come into force on December 14, 2012.