Code of Submission
1. Definition of the JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development
The JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development is published to broadly deliver research and technology development of Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology and results obtained using JAMSTEC’s survey equipment or research facilities, etc., with the aim to be cited.
2. Eligibility for Submission
- Those who are involved in research and technology development at Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology, and those who conduct a survey or research activity using JAMSTEC’s survey equipment, research facilities or data and samples etc., are all eligible regardless of organization to which they belong as long as the manuscript to be submitted is about said survey or research. In applying, you should observe the following point.
- If you deal with an unpublished sample or material, make sure to obtain approval in accordance with the utilization guidelines of the ship, etc. owned by JAMSTEC which you had used.
3. Types of manuscript
Types of manuscript to be submitted should be original paper, report or review. In principle, this must be limited to unpublished one.
- Original papers: Papers that present research and technology development at Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology or results obtained using JAMSTEC’s survey equipment or research facilities or data and samples etc., and which contain independent valuable conclusions or facts.
- Reports: Reports on technical tests or cruise results, etc.
- Reviews: Papers that summarize recent progress in research fields of marine-earth science and technology, including a simple historical background, and if possible, indicating future directions of the research.
4. How to Submit
In submitting manuscripts, follow the Rules for Writing and Submission.
5. Acceptance or Rejection of Submissions
- Language to be used in the manuscripts should be English or Japanese. Send your manuscript to the JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development Editorial Committee Secretariat at JAMSTEC-R@jamstec.go.jp as an electronic file (PDF). Date of receipt is the day on which it arrives at the Editorial Committee.
- A decision on acceptance or rejection of a manuscript is made by the Editorial Committee, on its own responsibility, based on review comments of the Editorial Committee members and individuals recommended by the Editorial Committee.
- If your manuscript is returned by the Editorial Committee for correction, submit a corrected manuscript to the Editorial Committee, or inform them of withdrawal of the manuscript within a month. If you fail to do so by the specified deadline, your submission may be treated as a resubmission.
- If it requires more than 1 year until a decision on acceptance or rejection is made from the time of submission, it may be once rejected and treated as a resubmission.
- Copyright of manuscripts published in this Report belongs to Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology.
- Protect the copyrights of others. Particularly when a figure or illustration is used, authors themselves should obtain permission before submission.
- The published manuscript is in principle posted in electronic form on JAMSTEC Repository and J-STAGE.
- Subject to the conditions below, author can post his/her manuscript published in this Report
(1) on his/her own or departmental website including Institutional Repository,
(2) using the PDF file posted on 7.1,
(3) with copyright and source indication.
8. Revision and Abolition
- Revision or abolition of this code is resolved by the Editorial Committee.
This code shall come into force on June 4, 2008.
Revision of this code shall come into force on December 14, 2012.
Revision of this code shall come into force on July 1, 2016.