JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development
Code of Submission
1. Definition of the JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development
The JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development is published to broadly deliver research and technology development of Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology and results obtained by using JAMSTEC’s survey equipment or research facilities, etc., with the aim to be cited.
2. Eligibility for Submission
- Those who are involved in research and technology development at JAMSTEC, and those who conduct a survey or research activity using JAMSTEC’s survey equipment, research facilities or data and samples etc., are all eligible regardless of organization to which they belong as long as the manuscript to be submitted is about said survey or research. In applying, authors should observe the following points.
- In dealing with an unpublished sample or material, authors should obtain permission in accordance with the utilization guidelines of the ship, etc. owned by JAMSTEC which you had used.
- Do NOT infringe copyrights belonging to others. Particularly when reproducing figures or illustrations previously published elsewhere, authors themselves should obtain permission prior to submission.
3. Types of Manuscript
Types of manuscript to be submitted should be “Original Paper”, “Review”, “Report” or “Data Paper” and this must be limited to unpublished one.
- Original Paper: Papers that present research and technology development at JAMSTEC or results obtained by using JAMSTEC’s survey equipment or research facilities or data and samples, etc., and the papers themselves have independent and valuable conclusions.
- Reviews: Papers that summarize recent progress in research fields of marine-earth science and technology, including a simple historical background, and if possible, indicating future directions of the research.
- Reports: Reports on technical tests or cruise results, etc.
- Data Paper: Papers that describe data obtained or created by persons engaged in a scientific research or technical development at JAMSTEC, or obtained by using JAMSTEC’s survey equipment / research facilities or data and samples, etc. and that does NOT include analysis, interpretation, or scientific conclusions.
4. How to Submit
In submitting manuscripts, authors should follow the JAMSTEC-R Rules for Writing and Submission.
5. Acceptance or Rejection of Submissions
- Language to be used in the manuscripts should be English or Japanese. Send your manuscript to the JAMSTEC Report of Research and Development Editorial Committee Secretariat at JAMSTEC-R@jamstec.go.jp as an electronic file (PDF). Date of receipt is the day on which it arrives at the Editorial Committee.
- A decision on acceptance or rejection of a manuscript is made by the Editorial Committee, on its own responsibility, based on review comments of the Editorial Committee members and individuals recommended by the Editorial Committee.
- If your manuscript is returned by the Editorial Committee for correction, authors should submit a corrected manuscript to the Editorial Committee or inform them of withdrawal of the manuscript within a month. If you fail to do so by the specified deadline, your submission may be treated as a resubmission.
- If it requires more than 1 year until a decision on acceptance or rejection is made from the time of submission, it may be once rejected and treated as a resubmission.
6. Copyrights of Published Manuscripts
- Copyrights of manuscripts published in JAMSTEC-R belong to Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology.
- Ownerships of any data used in published Data Paper will remain as they are and owners of such data should be specified in their metadata.
- Manuscripts published on JAMSTEC-R should also be released on JAMSTEC Repository, JAMSTEC Document Catalog and J-STAGE in an electronic form.
- Upon publication of Data Paper, the authors should permanently release the data used in an electronic file. When the authors are going to change the released data, or cancel the publication of the released data due to unavoidable circumstances, they should consult with the Editorial Committee beforehand. The metadata of the data concerned will be released on the JAMSTEC-R Data Repository.
- Subject to the conditions below, authors may release their manuscripts published in JAMSTEC-R
(1) on their own or departmental websites including Institutional Repository,
(2) using the PDF file as released in 7.1 above, or
(3) with a copyright and a source indication.
8. Revision and Abolition
- Revision or abolition of this code is resolved by the Editorial Committee. This code should come into force on June 4, 2008.
Revision of this code should come into force on December 14, 2012. Revision of this code should come into force on July 1, 2016.
Revision of this code should come into force on April 1, 2017.