Geophysical Fluid Simulation Research Group (GFSG)
The Geophysical Fluid Simulation Research Group conducts high-resolution and large-scale simulations of the ocean and atmosphere to understand the oceanic roles in global climate and its variability. [Read More...]
Recently Published Articles
- Nonaka, M., H. Sasaki, B. Taguchi, and H. Nakamura, 2012: Potential predictability of interannual variability in the Kuroshio Extension jet speed in an eddy-resolving OGCM. J. Climate, 25 (10), 3645–3652. New!
- Danioux, E., J. Vanneste, P. Klein, and H. Sasaki, 2012: Spontaneous inertia-gravity-wave generation by surface-intensified turbulence. J. Fluid Mech., 699, 153–173. New!
- Taguchi, B., R. Furue, N. Komori, A. Kuwano-Yoshida, M. Nonaka, H. Sasaki, and W. Ohfuchi, 2012: Deep oceanic zonal jets constrained by fine-scale wind stress curls in the South Pacific Ocean: A high-resolution coupled GCM study. Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L08602, doi:10.1029/2012GL051248. New!
- Sasai, Y., K. J. Richards, A. Ishida, and H. Sasaki, 2012: Spatial and temporal variability of the chlorophyll distribution in the Northeastern Tropical Pacific: The impact of physical processes on seasonal and interannual time scales. J. Mar. Syst., 96–97, 24–31. New!
- Ogawa, F., H. Nakamura, K. Nishii, T. Miyasaka, and A. Kuwano-Yoshida, 2012: Dependence of the climatological axial latitudes of the tropospheric westerlies and storm tracks on the latitude of an extratropical oceanic front. Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L05804, doi:10.1029/2011GL049922.
- Nonaka, M., S.-P. Xie, and H. Sasaki, 2012: Interannual variations in low potential vorticity water and the subtropical countercurrent in an eddy-resolving OGCM. J. Oceanogr., 68 (1), 139–150.
- Sasaki, H., S.-P. Xie, B. Taguchi, M. Nonaka, S. Hosoda, and Y. Masumoto, 2012: Interannual variations of the Hawaiian Lee Countercurrent induced by low potential vorticity water ventilation in the subsurface. J. Oceanogr., 68 (1), 93–111.
- Taguchi, B., H. Nakamura, M. Nonaka, N. Komori, A. Kuwano-Yoshida, K. Takaya, and A. Goto, 2012: Seasonal evolutions of atmospheric response to decadal SST anomalies in the North Pacific subarctic frontal zone: Observations and a coupled model simulation. J. Climate, 25 (1), 111–139.
- Zenimoto, K., Y. Sasai, H. Sasaki, and S. Kimura, 2011: Estimation of larval duration in Anguilla spp., based on cohort analysis, otolith microstructure, and Lagrangian simulations. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser., 438, 219–228.
- Klein, P., G. Lapeyre, G. Roullet, S. Le Gentil, and H. Sasaki, 2011: Ocean turbulence at meso and submesoscales: connection between surface and interior dynamics. Geophys. Astrophys. Fluid Dyn., 105 (4–5), 421–437.
Earth Simulator Collaboration Projects
- Understanding roles of oceanic fine structures in climate and its variability (FY2009–)
- Understanding and forecasting high-impact phenomena in the atmosphere and ocean (FY2005–2008)
- Mechanism and predictability of atmospheric and oceanic variations induced by interactions between large-scale field and meso-scale phenomena (FY2003–2004)
International Collaborative Project
Geophysical Fluid Simulation Research Group
Earth Simulator Research Building
Simulation Application Research and Development Program
Earth Simulator Center
Yokohama Institute for Earth Sciences
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology
3173-25 Showa-machi, Kanazawa-ku
Yokohama 236-0001, Japan
For press interview etc., please contact Information Systems Planning Group of Information Systems Department.