Recruitment for Environmental Biogeochemical Cycle Research Program (EBCRP) in the Research Institute for Global Change, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) will be as follows. Please see our homepage: http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/about/research/global_change.html for details about the Research Institute for Global Change.
This program investigates the biogeochemical cycle of species relevant to global warming. As a part, we perform field observations, satellite data analysis, and model simulations regarding atmospheric trace species in order to clarify changes in the atmospheric environment in the Asian region and their impact on climate.
This position is funded through Theme S-7 of the Global Environmental Research Fund by Ministry of Environment (MOE).
With this announcement, we seek a Postdoctoral Research Scientist engaged in atmospheric composition observational research. The focus will be on field observations of ozone, aerosols and their related species (on the basis of both long-term and intensive observations) in China and Japan. The observational data are analyzed together with the past data to evaluate changes in the atmospheric environment in the Asian region and their impact on climate.
1) Applicants should have experiences of field observations of ozone and aerosols and desirably knowledge of atmospheric chemistry.
2) Any nationality, any sex, and any age could be applied. JAMSTEC has the principle of equality of men and women as it relates to the recruitment of all staff.
Research Institute for Global Change,
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
3173-25 Showa-machi, Kanazawa-ku,
Yokohama, Kanagawa 236-0001, Japan.
(Laboratory facility is located in the headquarter of JAMSTEC: 2-15 Natsushima-cho, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 237-0061, Japan)
Period of employment is from January 4th (or as early as possible after January 4th), 2010, to March 31st, 2010. Employment contract is renewable every fiscal year depending on the progress of research up to twice.
(Note: In the cases with particular reasons, the contract is renewable twice more, additionally)
(1) Payment will be decided according to the JAMSTEC regulations.
(2) Traveling expenses will be provided according to regulations.
(3) The participant and JAMSTEC will share the premiums for social insurance and labor insurance according to the current statutory proportion.
(4) Housing lease service is not available.
(5) A commutation allowance will be provided.
(6) Holidays and vacations: Saturday, Sunday, public holidays, the year-end and the beginning of the year are holidays. There are annual vacations with pay, special vacations, leave of absence for care and maternity leave.
i) There are various kinds of subsidy system for personal interests/welfare.
ii) The Execution of Special Business Type Working Hour System is adopted for a full-time research scientist by the labor-management agreement with a worker representative.
(1) Required documents
a. One copy of research proposal (A4 size, 1 page)
b. References (recommendations) written by two senior research scientists. The references should be sent directly from them to Human Resources, Research Support Division I, Research Support Department (see below). Applicant's name should be written on the envelope.
c. One copy of a resume. (attached your email address for contact)
d. One copy of publication list including thesis titles. Please separate those with referred journals from other publications.
e. One copy of a list for competitive funds from some kind of research institution in JAPAN.
(Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research, any funded research from Japan Science and Technology Agency, etc)
Documents for the application should be sent by post before the deadline.
*We accept only by post.
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology,
Human Resources, Research Support Division I
Research Support Department
Ms. Hanako Ihara
2-15 Natsushima-Cho, Yokosuka-city,
Kanagawa 237-0061, Japan
Please write "Postdoctoral Researcher position at EBCRP" on the envelope.
September 18th, 2009 (The application documents must arrive at the Research Support Division I office by this date)
1) Screening of application materials and interviews will be conducted.
2) Interviews will be conducted in Japanese or English.
1) Incomplete applications may not be accepted.
2) Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant. The personal information we get through this recruitment is to be used only for our screening and our procedures accompanying. We deal with it safely and properly based on the personal information protection law. After our screening and procedures, we shred documents.
3) A health certificate should be submitted when the employment is informally decided.
4) A letter should be submitted if the applicant withdraws.
If you have further inquiries, please refer to Research Support Division I Office, Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) See above mentioned (3) in "Method of application".
Related information is available on the following home page URL:
*JAMSTEC is an organization granted for KAKENHI (Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research)