- 2014.10.16: Call for Papers "Tropical Meteorology Session at the EGU General Assembly 2015" Abstract submission deadline is Jan. 07, 2015.
- 2014.08.05: Presentation files at Sapporo Symposium are available.
- 2014.05.27: Draft agenda is available for "Symposium on Progress of the MJO research through the field campaigns".
- 2014.03.28: Call for Papers "Special Issue from the Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan"
- 2014.02.27: Information on relevant sessions of AOGS 11th Annual Meeting is posted.
- 2014.02.27: Webpage of "Symposium on Progress of the MJO research through the field campaigns" is open.
- 2013.09.21: A symposium on the MJO study is planned at JAMSTEC in July 2014.
- 2013.08.06: 2013 AGU Fall Meeting Abstract submission deadline is extended to Aug 7.
- 2013.07.26: 2013 AGU Fall Meeting Abstract submission deadline is Aug. 6.
- 2013.05.01: Most data are now available.
- 2013.02.08: Further information on March Hawaii Workshop is posted.
- 2013.02.01: Announcement on Special Collections in AMS and AGU journals
- 2013.01.16: CINDY/DYNAMO/AMIE/LASP Joint Workshop in Big Island, 4-8 March, 2013. Updated!
- 2012.07.05: Meeting information is updated("AGU Fall Meeting - Abstract Submission Deadline: 8 August 2012!")
- 2012.07.02: "Data" page is updated
- 2012.06.22: CINDY Web site was down during June 26-30, 2012. due to the server replacement
- 2012.06.11: Trip -Indonesia
- 2012.03.13: Abstract submission deadline for AOGS-AGU has been extended to March 21, 2012.
- 2012.03.06: "Weather" page is updated("Satellite","In Situ","Reanalysis")
- 2012.01.31: Meeting information is updated
- 2012.01.10: MIRAI Cruise report is up (Main, Appendix A, Appendix B)
- 2011.12.26: Baruna Jaya III Cruise Report is up
- 2011.11.22: A report from Seychelles is available
- 2011.10.01: CINDY2011 Intensive Observing Period starts.
- 2011.08.15: Mirai departed Japan
- 2011.08.18: Mirai Operation Plan (revised)
- 2011.06.01: CINDY2011 Science Plan (revised)
- 2011.04.04: Release of CINDY2011 Official Logo
- 2011.04.01: Renewal of CINDY2011 Web Page
- 2011.03.31: Trip -SriLanka
- 2011.02.08: 4th DYNAMO Planning Meeting
- 2011.02.18: Trip -BMKG and BPPT in Indonesia
- 2011.02.09: Trip -Kenya Meteorological Department
- 2010.11.08: CINDY2011/DYNAMO Planning Meeting
- 2010.08.04: Trip -India
- 2010.02.25: Trip -Maldives
- 2009.09.18: Endorsement by the CLIVAR SSG
- 2009.07.10: DYNAMO Web Page Is Open
- 2009.03.11: Trip -Seychelles National Weather Services
Madden-Julian Oscillation (MJO), which is the dominant intraseasonal mode in the tropics, is known as a phenomenon which has a strong impact on not only the tropical climate but also the global climate through the interaction with El Nino, monsoon, tropical cyclone genesis, and so on.
The aim of the field experiment CINDY2011 is to collect in-situ atmospheric and oceanic data to study MJO over the equatorial Indian Ocean, with a focus on the initiation process. Key scientific issures are 1) evolution of moisture (and moist static energy), 2) relationships between the evolution and meso-scale convective systems, and 3) roles of the equatorial wave and sea surface condition. [more]
Wide-areal observation network will be construced over the central Indian Ocean with ships, land-based sites, and a mooring array as a multi-national effort. Currently, intensive observation is sucheduled from October 2011 to January 2012.[more]
CINDY2011/DYNAMO adopts "timely release and free/open sharing data policy" for all data obtained during field campaign.[more]
CINDY2011 and DYNAMO are endorsed by WCRP/CLIVAR.