Mikiko FUJITA, PhD
is Research Scientist at Department of Seamless Environmental Prediction Research, JAMSTEC.
I am interested in...
Meteorology and Climatology
-Precipitation and convective system
-Regional climate and downscaling
-Climate change of water vapor
-Extremes of water vapor link to clouds and precipitation
-Development of observational system (on ship, buoy, and other platforms)
Climatorogical data of hourly and daily precipitable water vapor estimated from the observational raw data of masses GPS/GNSS stations
all over the world from 1998 to 2010.
Registration of e-mail address is required for download. This product is supported by the Global Environmental Research and Technology Development Fund
(2RF-1304 and RFa-1101) of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan.
- Dirunal variation forecast for pre-YMC
Diurnal variation of convection and precipitation around Sumatra Islands were simulated using NCEP ensemble forecast data.
The target members for the downscaling were chosen by RMM MJO index (WH04) since the diurnal amplitude varies with amplitude varies with MJO phase and strength
(e.g. Fujita et al. 2011).
Estimation of extreme precipitation by dynamical downscaling of ensemble forecast data
Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B) of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan (15K16316),
April 2015 –March 2017, JPY 4,030,000 (PI: Mikiko Fujita)
Analysis for Climate Change in Water Vapor Variation
Global Environmental Research and Technology Development Fund of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan (2RF-1304),
April 2013 –March 2016, JPY - (PI: Mikiko Fujita)
Archiving of GPS water vapor data for global warming assessment
Global Environmental Research and Technology Development Fund of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan (RFa-1101),
April 2011 –March 2013, JPY 20,147,000 (PI: Mikiko Fujita)
ION GNSS+ 2014 Best Presentation Award - The Institute of Navigation
"Tropospheric Monitoring Over the Ocean using Shipborne GNSS Receiver"
ION GNSS+ 2014 Meeting, September 8-12, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida.
follow me pls! ResearchGate
submitting : first-2, co-0
- Wakazuki, Y., M. Hara, M. Fujita, C. Suzuki, X. Ma, F. Kimura, 2015:
Effect of climate change on the snow disappearance date in mountainous areas of central Japan.
Hydrological Res. Lett., 9(2), 20-26.
- Fujita, M., A. Wada, T. Iwabuchi, C. Rocken, 2014:
Tropospheric monitoring over the ocean using shipborne GNSS receiver.
Proceedings of the ION GNSS 2014, 1085-1089.
- Rasmy, M., M. Shresth, T. Koike, M. Hara, M. Fujita, F. Kimura, 2014:
A combined dynamical/statistical downscaling approach for assessing future of water resources in the Tone river basin, Japan.
Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineering, 70(4), I_187-I_192.
- Fujita, M., H. G. Takahashi, N. N. Ishizaki, F. Kimura, 2014:
Long-term variation of winter precipitation linked to sea surface heat fluxes around the Japan Sea.
Atmos. Sci. Lett., doi: 10.1002/asl2.499.
- Ma, X., H. Kawase, S. Adachi, M. Fujita, H. G. Takahashi, M. Hara, N. Ishizaki, T. Yoshikane, H. Hatsushika, Y. Wakazuki, F. Kimura, 2013:
Simulating river discharge in a snowy region of Japan using output from a regional climate model.
Adv. Geosci., 35, 55-60.
- Fujita, M., H. G. Takahashi, M. Hara, 2013:
Diurnal cycle of precipitation over the eastern Indian Ocean off Sumatra Island during different phases of Indian Ocean Dipole.
Atmos. Sci. Lett., doi: 10.1002/asl2.432.
- Rasmy, M., T, Koike, P.A.Jaranilla-Sanchez, C. T. Nyunt, M. Hara, M. Fujita, H. Kawase, 2013:
Identifying Gaps and Opportunities Between Statistical and Dynamical Downscaling Approaches Over Shikoku Island, Japan.
Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineering, 69(4), I_133-I_138.
- Fujita, M., A. Wada, T. Iwabuchi, C. Rocken, 2012:
GPS Precipitable Water Vapor Dataset for Climate Science.
Proceedings of the ION GNSS 2012, 3454-3458.
- Takahashi, H. G., M. Hara, M. Fujita, T. Yoshikane, 2012:
A discrepancy in precipitable water among reanalyses and the impact of forcing dataset on downscaling in the tropics.
Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss., 12, 23759-23791.
- Kawase, H., T. Yoshikane, M. Hara, M. Fujita, N. N. Ishizaki, F. Kimura, H. Hatsushika, 2012:
Downscaling of Snow Cover Changes in the Late 20th Century Using a Past Climate Simulation Method over Central Japan.
SOLA, 8, 61-64.
- Fujita, M., K. Yoneyama, and S. Mori, T. Nasuno, M. Satoh, 2011:
Diurnal convection peaks over the eastern Indian Ocean off Sumatra during different MJO phases.
J. Met. Soc. Japan, 89A, 317-330.
- Fujita, M., F. Kimura, M. Yoshizaki, 2010:
Morning precipitation peak over the Strait of Malacca under a calm condition.
Mon. Wea. Rev, 138, No. 4. 1474–1486.
- Yasunaga, K., K. Yoneyama, Q. Moteki, M. Fujita, Y. N. Takayabu, J. Suzuki, T. Ushiyama, B. Mapes, 2010:
Characteristics of 3-4-day and 6-8-day period disturbances observed over the tropical Indian Ocean.
Mon. Wea. Rev, 138, No. 4, 4158–4174.
- Fujita, M., F. Kimura, K. Yoneyama, M. Yoshizaki, 2008:
Verification of precipitable water vapor estimated from shipborne GPS measurements.
Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L13803.
- Yoneyama, K., M. Fujita, N. Sato, M. Fujiwara, Y. Inai, F. Hasebe, 2008:
Correction for Radiation Dry Bias Found in RS92 Radiosonde Data during the MISMO Field Experiment.
SOLA, 4, 13–16.
- Yoneyama, K., Y. Masumoto, Y. Kuroda, M. Katsumata, K. Mizuno, Y. N. Takayabu, M. Yoshizaki, A. Shareef, Y. Fujiyoshi, M. J. McPhaden, V. S. N. Murty, R. Shirooka, K. Yasunaga, H. Yamada, N. Sato, T. Ushiyama, Q. Moteki, A. Seiki, M. Fujita, K. Ando, H. Hase, I. Ueki, T. Horii, C. Yokoyama, T. Miyakawa, 2008:
MISMO field experiment in the equatorial Indian Ocean.
Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 89, 1889–1903, doi: 10.1175/2008BAMS2519.1.
- Yasunaga, K., M. Fujita, T. Ushiyama, K. Yoneyama, Y. N. Takayabu, M. Yoshizaki, 2008:
Diurnal Variations in Precipitable Water Observed by Shipborne GPS over the Tropical Indian Ocean.
SOLA, 4, 97-100.
- Moteki, Q., R. Shirooka, H. Kubota, T. Ushiyama, K. K. Reddy, K. Yoneyama, M. Katsumata, N. Sato., K. Yasunaga, H. Yamada, B. Geng, M. Fujita, M. Yoshizaki, H. Uyeda, T. Chuda, 2008:
Mechanism of the northward propagation of mesoscale convective systems observed on 15 June 2005 during PALAU2005.
J. Geophys. Res., 113, D14126, doi: 10.1029/2008JD009793.
- Rocken, C., T. Iwabuchi, Z. Lukes, L. Mervart, M. Fujita, M. Kanzaki, 2008:
Precise Positioning of Ships and Buoys in the Open Ocean - Results from a 3-Month Indian Ocean Cruise, and a tsunami Buoy off Japan's Coast. Proceedings of the ION GNSS 2008, 2465-2472.
- Moteki, Q., R. Shirooka, K. Yoneyama, B. Geng, M. Katsumata, T. Ushiyama, H. Yamada, K. Yasunaga, N. Sato, H. Kubota, K. K. Reddy, H. Tokinaga, A. Seiki, M. Fujita, Y. N. Takayabu, M. Yoshizaki, H. Uyeda, T. Chuda, 2007:
The Impact of the Assimilation of Dropsonde Observations during PALAU2005 in ALERA.
SOLA, 3, 97-100.
- Fujita, M., T. Sasaki, F. Kimura, 2006:
A Dramatic Daytime Decrease in Water Vapor over Coastal Thailand.
SOLA, 2, 49–52.