Mikiko FUJITA, PhD
is Research Scientist at Department of Seamless Environmental Prediction Research, JAMSTEC.
I am interested in...
Meteorology and Climatology
-Regional climate and downscaling
-Precipitation and convective system
-Climate change of water vapor
-Extremes of water vapor link to clouds and precipitation
-Development of observational system (on ship, buoy, and other platforms)
Climatorogical data of hourly and daily precipitable water vapor estimated from the observational raw data of masses GPS/GNSS stations
all over the world from 1998 to 2010.
Registration of e-mail address is required for download. This product is supported by the Global Environmental Research and Technology Development Fund
(2RF-1304 and RFa-1101) of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan.
Estimation of extreme precipitation by dynamical downscaling of ensemble forecast data
Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B) of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan (15K16316),
April 2015 –March 2017, JPY 4,030,000 (PI: Mikiko Fujita)
Analysis for Climate Change in Water Vapor Variation
Global Environmental Research and Technology Development Fund of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan (2RF-1304),
April 2013 –March 2016, JPY - (PI: Mikiko Fujita)
Archiving of GPS water vapor data for global warming assessment
Global Environmental Research and Technology Development Fund of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan (RFa-1101),
April 2011 –March 2013, JPY 20,147,000 (PI: Mikiko Fujita)
ION GNSS+ 2014 Best Presentation Award - The Institute of Navigation
"Tropospheric Monitoring Over the Ocean using Shipborne GNSS Receiver"
ION GNSS+ 2014 Meeting, September 8-12, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida.
- Wakazuki, Y., M. Hara, M. Fujita, C. Suzuki, X. Ma, F. Kimura, 2015:
Effect of climate change on the snow disappearance date in mountainous areas of central Japan.
Hydrological Res. Lett., 9(2), 20-26.
- Fujita, M., A. Wada, T. Iwabuchi, C. Rocken, 2014:
Tropospheric monitoring over the ocean using shipborne GNSS receiver.
Proceedings of the ION GNSS 2014, 1085-1089.
- Rasmy, M., M. Shresth, T. Koike, M. Hara, M. Fujita, F. Kimura, 2014:
A combined dynamical/statistical downscaling approach for assessing future of water resources in the Tone river basin, Japan.
Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineering, 70(4), I_187-I_192.
- Fujita, M., H. G. Takahashi, N. N. Ishizaki, F. Kimura, 2014:
Long-term variation of winter precipitation linked to sea surface heat fluxes around the Japan Sea.
Atmos. Sci. Lett., doi: 10.1002/asl2.499.
- Ma, X., H. Kawase, S. Adachi, M. Fujita, H. G. Takahashi, M. Hara, N. Ishizaki, T. Yoshikane, H. Hatsushika, Y. Wakazuki, F. Kimura, 2013:
Simulating river discharge in a snowy region of Japan using output from a regional climate model.
Adv. Geosci., 35, 55-60.
- Fujita, M., H. G. Takahashi, M. Hara, 2013:
Diurnal cycle of precipitation over the eastern Indian Ocean off Sumatra Island during different phases of Indian Ocean Dipole.
Atmos. Sci. Lett., doi: 10.1002/asl2.432.
- Rasmy, M., T, Koike, P.A.Jaranilla-Sanchez, C. T. Nyunt, M. Hara, M. Fujita, H. Kawase, 2013:
Identifying Gaps and Opportunities Between Statistical and Dynamical Downscaling Approaches Over Shikoku Island, Japan.
Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineering, 69(4), I_133-I_138.
- Fujita, M., A. Wada, T. Iwabuchi, C. Rocken, 2012:
GPS Precipitable Water Vapor Dataset for Climate Science.
Proceedings of the ION GNSS 2012, 3454-3458.
- Takahashi, H. G., M. Hara, M. Fujita, T. Yoshikane, 2012:
A discrepancy in precipitable water among reanalyses and the impact of forcing dataset on downscaling in the tropics.
Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss., 12, 23759-23791.
- Kawase, H., T. Yoshikane, M. Hara, M. Fujita, N. N. Ishizaki, F. Kimura, H. Hatsushika, 2012:
Downscaling of Snow Cover Changes in the Late 20th Century Using a Past Climate Simulation Method over Central Japan.
SOLA, 8, 61-64.
- Fujita, M., K. Yoneyama, and S. Mori, T. Nasuno, M. Satoh, 2011:
Diurnal convection peaks over the eastern Indian Ocean off Sumatra during different MJO phases.
J. Met. Soc. Japan, 89A, 317-330.
- Fujita, M., F. Kimura, M. Yoshizaki, 2010:
Morning precipitation peak over the Strait of Malacca under a calm condition.
Mon. Wea. Rev, 138, No. 4. 1474–1486.
- Yasunaga, K., K. Yoneyama, Q. Moteki, M. Fujita, Y. N. Takayabu, J. Suzuki, T. Ushiyama, B. Mapes, 2010:
Characteristics of 3-4-day and 6-8-day period disturbances observed over the tropical Indian Ocean.
Mon. Wea. Rev, 138, No. 4, 4158–4174.
- Fujita, M., F. Kimura, K. Yoneyama, M. Yoshizaki, 2008:
Verification of precipitable water vapor estimated from shipborne GPS measurements.
Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L13803.
- Yoneyama, K., M. Fujita, N. Sato, M. Fujiwara, Y. Inai, F. Hasebe, 2008:
Correction for Radiation Dry Bias Found in RS92 Radiosonde Data during the MISMO Field Experiment.
SOLA, 4, 13–16.
- Yoneyama, K., Y. Masumoto, Y. Kuroda, M. Katsumata, K. Mizuno, Y. N. Takayabu, M. Yoshizaki, A. Shareef, Y. Fujiyoshi, M. J. McPhaden, V. S. N. Murty, R. Shirooka, K. Yasunaga, H. Yamada, N. Sato, T. Ushiyama, Q. Moteki, A. Seiki, M. Fujita, K. Ando, H. Hase, I. Ueki, T. Horii, C. Yokoyama, T. Miyakawa, 2008:
MISMO field experiment in the equatorial Indian Ocean.
Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 89, 1889–1903, doi: 10.1175/2008BAMS2519.1.
- Yasunaga, K., M. Fujita, T. Ushiyama, K. Yoneyama, Y. N. Takayabu, M. Yoshizaki, 2008:
Diurnal Variations in Precipitable Water Observed by Shipborne GPS over the Tropical Indian Ocean.
SOLA, 4, 97-100.
- Moteki, Q., R. Shirooka, H. Kubota, T. Ushiyama, K. K. Reddy, K. Yoneyama, M. Katsumata, N. Sato., K. Yasunaga, H. Yamada, B. Geng, M. Fujita, M. Yoshizaki, H. Uyeda, T. Chuda, 2008:
Mechanism of the northward propagation of mesoscale convective systems observed on 15 June 2005 during PALAU2005.
J. Geophys. Res., 113, D14126, doi: 10.1029/2008JD009793.
- Rocken, C., T. Iwabuchi, Z. Lukes, L. Mervart, M. Fujita, M. Kanzaki, 2008:
Precise Positioning of Ships and Buoys in the Open Ocean - Results from a 3-Month Indian Ocean Cruise, and a tsunami Buoy off Japan's Coast. Proceedings of the ION GNSS 2008, 2465-2472.
- Moteki, Q., R. Shirooka, K. Yoneyama, B. Geng, M. Katsumata, T. Ushiyama, H. Yamada, K. Yasunaga, N. Sato, H. Kubota, K. K. Reddy, H. Tokinaga, A. Seiki, M. Fujita, Y. N. Takayabu, M. Yoshizaki, H. Uyeda, T. Chuda, 2007:
The Impact of the Assimilation of Dropsonde Observations during PALAU2005 in ALERA.
SOLA, 3, 97-100.
- Fujita, M., T. Sasaki, F. Kimura, 2006:
A Dramatic Daytime Decrease in Water Vapor over Coastal Thailand.
SOLA, 2, 49–52.