Day1: Oct 30
- Yoshihisa Shirayama, JAMSTEC, Japan
First Session: Past, Present and Future of Indo-Pacific Climate Variability
- Toshio Yamagata, APL, JAMSTEC, Japan
"New faces of climate variations in the Indo-Pacific sector"
- Antonio Navarra(Invited), CMCC, Italy
"Atmosphere-ocean interactions at strong couplings in a simple model of El Niño"
- F.J. Doblas-Reyes (Invited) IC3, Spain
"Decadal climate prediction: predicting the near term for adaptation and climate services"
- Lunch Break
Second Session: ENSO Modoki
- Swadhin Behera, APL/RIGC, JAMSTEC, Japan
"A new paradigm of climate variability in the tropical Pacific"
- Surya Chandra Rao (Invited), IITM, India
"Tropical Climate Modes in high resolution coupled model"
- Karumuri Ashok (Invited) IITM, India
"El Niño Modokis: Why they are a distinct class"
- Coffee Break
Third Session: Ningaloo Nino
- Ming Feng(Invited), CSIRO, Australia
"Variability and dynamics of the Ningaloo Niño"
- Takahito Kataoka, U. Tokyo, Japan
"On the Ningaloo Niño/Niña"
- Takeshi Doi, APL/RIGC, JAMSTEC, Japan
"Predictability of the Ningaloo Nino/Nina"
Day2: Oct 31
Fourth Session: Tropical and Subtropical Climate Variations
- Ping Chang(Invited), Texas A&M Univ., USA
"The Impact of the El Niño-Southern Oscillation and Atlantic Meridional Mode on Atlantic Tropical Cyclone Activity"
- Gabriel Vecchi (Invited), GFDL, USA
"Atmospheric Nonlinearity and the El Niño-Southern Oscillation"
- Yushi Morioka , RIGC, JAMSTEC, Japan
"Role of tropical SST variability on the formation of subtropical dipoles"
- Chaoxia Yuan, APL, JAMSTEC, Japan
"Predictability of the Subtropical Dipole Modes in a Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere Model"
- Lunch Break
Fifth Session: Progresses and Challenges in Climate Predictions
- Arun Kumar (Invited), NCEP, USA
"Understanding changes in ENSO characteristics during last decade"
- Sarah Ineson (Invited), Hadley Center, UK
"GloSea5: the Met Office high resolution prediction system"
- Sebastien Masson (invited), LOCEAN, France
"The relationship between the mean and interannual variability of the Indian Summer Monsoon (ISM) onset date and Sea Surface Temperature (SST) remains controversial"
- Jing-Jia Luo (Invited) , BMRC, Australia
"Current status of intraseasonal-seasonal-to-interannual prediction of the Indo-Pacific climate"
- Coffee Break
Sixth Session: African Perspective
- Genito Amos Maure (Invited), Dep.of Physics, Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
"Modeled impact of biomass burning aerosol loading on Southern Africa precipitation"
- Alberto Francisco Mavume (Invited), Dep. of Physics, Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
"Climatology of tropical cyclones in the South-West Indian Ocean"
- Atanasio Joao Manhique (Invited), National institute of Meteorology, Mozambique
"Atmospheric and Ocean patterns associated with the extreme rains and floods in southern Africa in January 2013"
- Closing Remarks(Toshio Yamagata)