This is YMC JAMSTEC site.
|YMC BMKG site is [here]. YMC NOAA site is [here]|
- After one-year long silence, our site has come back. We are very sorry for your inconvenience.
- ELO colleagues' paper has been selected as a featured article by the Nature Communications. Congratulations!
- YMC-CSO2021 has been completed.
- New submission deadline (Mar. 9, 2021) for AOGS 2021 Virtual is approaching.
AS29: Atmospheric Dynamics and Processes Over the MC
AS31: MC-Southeast Asia Weather and Climate: Processes, Predictions, Projections
OS01: Ocean Circulation and Air-sea Interaction Over the MC and Surrounding Waters
- Enhanced radiosonde sounding will be performed at the two BMKG stations as YMC-CSO2021.
- Update on vEGU21. AS1.5 Tropical meteorology and Tropical Cyclones
- Virtual EGU2021 (19-30 April 2021).
Abstract submission deadline is Jan.
1320 (extended), 2021. 1300 CET.
AS2.8/OS4.25: Physical processes of air-sea interaction and their representation in models
- Note. Several pages of this YMC website will be unavailable due to maintenance during Oct. 30 - Nov. 30, 2020.
- Submission deadline for JMSJ & SOLA joint special edition on YMC has been extended to Dec. 31, 2020.
- Special collection of articles on INCOMPASS field project has been organized in the Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society.
- YMC-BSM 2020 has been successfully completed. Thank you for all the support.
- NOAA CVP Program - YMC and PISTON Webinar Series will start from Sept. 10, 2020 through Mar. 12, 2021 (10 times).
You need to register for the webinars from here.
Note. Presentations will be recorded and preserved at the CVP Webinars HP.
- YMC-BSM 2020 has been started.
- AGU Fall Meeting Abstract Submission Deadline is July 29.
A024: Atmosphere, Ocean, and Land Processes in the Maritime Continent and Indo-Pacific.
- ELO made a press release about their article on flood study in Indonesia.
- TAO Special Issue on SCSTIMX has been released. See YMC Cross-Organization Special Collection page.
- YMC 5th Workshop in Taipei is postponed to 2021. Details will be announced later.
- NOAA/PMEL-BMKG Data Quality Control Training Workshop was held at PMEL during Feb. 10-14.
- Deadline of abstract submission for YMC 5th Workshop has been extended to Feb. 29.
Third circular is [here].
- Cross-Organization Special Collection on YMC has been started.
- 5th Workshop Homepage is now open from NTU.
Second circular is also available from [here]
- Note. Due to maintenance, YMC web site will not be available during Dec 6-8.
- First announcement of the 5th YMC Workshop in Taipei.
- R/V Investigator cruise is now underway.
- The recent YMC paper has been selected as GRL Editors' Highlights. See more details from [here]
- Note. DYNAMO Legacy Data Product (DLDP), which offers one-stop shopping for the entire field data of CINDY2011, DYNAMO, AMIE, and LASP, is now available.
- Papers from the 1st International Conference on Tropical Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences (ICTMAS) are now available from [here].
- Call for Papers. Special Edition/Collection on the YMC is organized in the JMSJ and SOLA. Please submit your YMC paper to this special edition. More details can be found at [here].
- Good News. Drifted seaglider has been successfully and kindly recovered by the Australian Border Force today! Thank you all for your concern and assistance.
- Note. Emergency recovery of Seaglider is needed.
- BoM has decided to switch to Plan-B for their R/V Investigator cruise.
- 4th Workshop has been successfully finished.
- Some of data obtained during YMC-Sumatra 2017 are now available. Data site will be updated accordingly.
- Indonesia-Japan Joint Reseach Cruise will soon start to survey the Indonesian inland seas thanks to Indonesian government as well as kind support from BPPT and the Embassy of Japan. See [1 page summary]
- Note. Due to maintenance, YMC web site will not be available during Feb. 1-3.
- 4th Workshop page is updated.
- China-Australia Joint Research Cruise successfully deployed Bailong Buoy and Argo Floats. Congratulations!
See more details from [here]
- AOGS 2019 Abstract Submission is now available.
OS11: Ocean Circulation and Air-sea Interaction Over the Maritime Continent and Surrounding Waters
AS28: Theory, Observations and Modeling of Maritime Continent Weather and Climate
- Note. Meeting page has been updated telling call for papers to EGU2019 and US CLIVAR workshop.
- PISTON R/V Thompson cruise successfully finished. Congratulations!
- AMOS-ICTMO 2019 Abstract Submission has opened. Deadline is November 18. YMC session can be found at "Theme 07. ICTMO - 31. Maritime Continent earth system science and the Years of the Maritime Continent".
- Meeting info is updated. The 4th Xiamen Symposium on Marine Environmental Sciences - The abstract deadline is
Aug. 31extended to Sept. 14.
- PISTON and SCSTIMX boreal summer campaigns will soon start. Forecast products are available from both sites.
- YMC-BSM 2018 page is now available.
- AGU Fall meeting Abstract Submission is now available. Don't miss session A067: Local Processes and Global Impact of the Indo-Pacific Maritime Continent!
- Meetings Page has been updated to note; YMC 4th International Workshop, AGU Fall Meeting, and AMS 99th Annual Meeting.
- Activities of YMC, PISTON, and CAMP2Ex were introduced at the 15th UP/IESM Anniversary Lecture Series on March 1.
- The first Call for Papers on International Conference on Tropical Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences (ICTMAS) in Bandung has been released.
- YMC-Sumatra 2017 Field Campaign has been successfully ended.
- Send-off ceremony onboard the R/V MIRAI was held at Singapore Cruise Centre on Nov 19.
- YMC-Sumatra 2017 Campaign has been started.
- NICAM forecast run has been started for YMC-Sumatra 2017 Campaign.
- NICAM forecast is now available for research purposes only.
- Real-time monitoring of ISO is now available from this page.
- Implementation Plan (1st version) is now available [pdf].
- Numerical products offered by ARCCSS and University of Melbourne are now linked from Data page.
- Note. Due to maintenance, YMC web site will not be available during Aug 11-15.
- YMC in Indonesia Launch Meeting was held at the BMKG in Jakarta on July 17, 2017.
- Start of YMC campaign period
- YMC 3rd Workshop page has been updated. A brief sumamry can be found.
- CLIVAR has endorsed the YMC! See Special Notes.
- Several obsevational plans are introduced at the Campaigns page.
- Note. Due to maintenance, YMC web site will not be available during Dec 3-4.
- YMC activity is introduced at the WWRP/Working Group on Tropical Meteorology Research web site.
- YMC Mailing List has just been opened. To join, please contact to .
- Support letter from WGNE has arrived! See Special Notes.
- A special session on the YMC will be held at the Japan Meteorological Society Fall Meeting, at Nagoya, Oct 26-28. Abstract submission deadline is July 5, 2016.
- Support letter from S2S has arrived! See Special Notes.
- YMC SSC meeting will be held during the coming Singapore WS.
- Note. Due to maintenance, YMC web site will not be available during Feb 12-14 and 19-21.
- Have you noticed? We put a list of must-see papers prior to the campaign at the Publications page.
- A summary of 2nd International Science and Planning Workshop in Jakarta is now available.
- Pre-YMC in Sumatra 2015 has been completed.
- The observation campaign Pre-YMC 2015 website is now available! Please check out "Campaigns" page.
- YMC is endorsed by WMO/WWRP/WGTMR. See "Special Notes" below or "Members Only" pages for more details.
- Provisional agenda of 2nd International Science and Planning Workshop in Jakarta is now available.
- Check Publications page. We put recent relevant papers which help designing the coming campaign. Update will be made constantly hereafter.
- JAMSTEC YMC Page is launched.
- Japanese group science meeting in Kyoto
Current Tropical Intra-Seasonal Oscillations
For more information;
What is YMC?
YMC is a multi-year (originally set to 2017-2019, then expanded to 2017-2020 as Phase-1) campaign. Through international collaboration and coordination, integrating observation and modeling, bridging research and operation, and outreach and capacity building, YMC is expected to advance to an unprecedented level our understanding and prediction of the MC weather-climate systems for socioeconomic benefit both locally and globally.
YMC has been endorsed by;
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
/ World Weather Research Programme (WWRP)
/ Working Group on Tropical Meteorology Research (WGTMR)
with special emphasis on the relation to its Monsoon Panel activity.
(since Nov. 2015) [letter]
- Subseasonal to Seasonal Prediction Project (S2S) [letter]
- Working Group on Numerical Experimentation (WGNE) / MJO Task Force [letter]
- WMO / Commission for Atmospheric Sciences (CAS)
- World Climate Research Programme (WCRP)
- Climate and Ocean: Variability, Predictability and Change (CLIVAR) [letter]