The 9th International Workshop on Modeling the Ocean (IWMO) was held at Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea on July 03-06 2017. It was full of interesting talks.
By the JCOPE members, three papers was presented.
- Yasumasa Miyazawa “Updating ocean model/data assimilation components of the JCOPE2 operational ocean forecast system for biogeochemical applications” 
- Sergey M. Varlamov “High resolution coastal ocean modeling for research and applications”
- Toru Miyama “Bottom Intrusion to the Bungo Channel in a high-resolution ocean data
assimilation data: JCOPE-T-NEDO”
The following two studies used our JCOPE2 data.
- Kaushik Sasmal “Application of a nested wave model for wave energy resource assessment”
- Yu-Lin Eda Chang “The physical and biological roles of mesoscale eddies on migration of
Japanese eel larvae in western Pacific Ocean” 
Thank you Local Organizing Committee! Next workshop will be held in Brazil.
-  This study was published in Miyazawa Y, Varlamov SM, Miyama T, Guo X, Hihara T, Kiyomatsu K, Kachi M, Kurihara Y, Murakami H (2017) Assimilation of high-resolution sea surface temperature data into an operational nowcast/forecast system around Japan using a multi-scale three-dimensional variational scheme, Ocean Dynamics doi:10.1007/s10236-017-1056-1↩
-  Update Aug 1, 2017: Dr. Chang Joined JAMSTEC from Aug 1, 2017. ↩
-  Part of this study was introduced in the Kuroshio-Oyashio Watch on June 12, 2017.↩
-  Our JAMSTEC site hosts the links to the sites of the past meetings. http://www.jamstec.go.jp/jcope/iwmo/↩